The Rivergum Group has in place effective response and recovery capabilities in the event of disruption to our business operations. We have introduced additional safeguards to reduce the risk of disruption to the services we provide our customers, trade pool and supply chain network. These include:
- The activation of our Crisis Management Team, which is meeting regularly to adjust and adapt our contingency arrangements as needed
- Limiting face-to-face customer meetings through the use of video conferencing software
- Requiring employees who have returned from countries with a high rate of human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 to follow the Government’s Health Isolation Protocol, which includes self-isolation at home for 14 days;
- Cancelling non-essential travel and group gatherings
- Utilising DocuSign as a first preference for contract signing with a strategy for appropriate social distancing in the instances where such appointments need to occur in person
- Rolled out a comprehensive sanitisation program and extraordinary appointment protocols to ensure colour selection and Display Home viewing appointments can continue while ensuring the health and safety of our staff and customers remains paramount. Handshakes and close contact may be out, but great customer service is here to stay!
- Implemented new COVID-19 construction site-based sanitisation and distancing protocols through the use of guidelines & Safe Work Method Statements
- Deploying selected team members, and readying the broader team, to activate work from home arrangements for all office-based staff where practical, including the deployment of additional IT hardware
Many businesses are seeing a global impact to production capability as a result of planned or imposed work place closures. In our industry there is a risk of delays relating to regulatory approvals, external consultant deliverables such as engineering or private certifying, construction products and materials having interrupted supply from both international and local suppliers alike, and trades succumbing to the virus to name a few. At this stage we have prepared mitigation strategies for all of these scenarios and more. Fortunately, to date, there has been minimal disruption for Rivergum and all jobs are progressing in the usual manner.
It would be reasonable to expect that the coming weeks and months will have some impact on businesses and communities around Australia, including ours. However, we want you to have confidence in our efforts to pre-empt disruption as well as efforts to minimise delays wherever possible. Our commitment remains to providing a great customer experience with health and safety front and centre.
We continue to monitor the situation and adopt the best advice from experts and the Department of Health to ensure the safety of our staff and customers alike. Should our operations be impacted by choice or formal declaration for any period of time, we will update you accordingly.
In the meantime, thank you for support and patience under the circumstances.
Frequently asked questions
Are your Display Homes still open for inspection?
Yes, we remain open for business! Click here to view the open days and times of our display homes. To ensure a safe experience:
- Our Sales Consultants are strictly observing the Government’s recommended social distancing measures during your visit.
- We will actively manage the volume of people moving through our displays and office areas, and thank you in advance for your patience if requested.
- Increased hygiene measures including, hand sanitisers and regular cleaning schedules.
- We have implemented a clear and succinct pre-screening process for customers who attend display homes without a confirmed appointment in place. This includes collecting the details of our visitors should contract tracing be requested by Authorities at a later date.
To book an appointment, click here or simply contact your Consultant to arrange a suitable contact method.
What alternatives are there to view homes remotely?
Our new homes consultants are available to meet with you remotely via Facetime, Microsoft Teams or Skype. All of your questions can be answered, and Consultants are happy to provide live walk-through tours as well.
Each of our display homes can be explored using a 3D virtual tour experience which can be found on our website here: https://rivergumhomes.com.au/visit-us/sa/
Of course, if you have any questions at all, our sales team will be happy to help – simply phone 1800 675 706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Is Rivergum currently experiencing or expecting any delays to their home builds?
We are not currently experiencing any delays, however it is reasonable under the circumstances to expect some interruption to our usual operations, trades base or supply channels.
In the latest Federal Government update, construction sites are an essential service and will remain open unless advised otherwise.
We will maintain commitment to regular communication during your home building journey, and be available to answer your queries as they arise.
Is the Rivergum Pavilion still open to undertake my colour selections?
Yes, colour selections are an important and exciting part of the build journey and we have implemented a number of additional measures:
- All employees are washing and sanitising their hands throughout their shifts
- We are ensuring that sick employees do not come to work in line with our updated guidelines and the latest Government recommendations
- We are scheduling appointments to ensure social distancing in the Pavilion
- The Pavilion is being sanitized between appointments
- A pre-screening process has been implemented for customers that are attending the office as follows:
Please contact our selections team prior to your appointment if:
- You have had contact with any of your close contacts, family members or household members with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (within the past 14 days)?
- You have had contact with any of your close contacts, family members or household members who are displaying cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever or coughing (within the past 14 days)?
- You have had contact with any of your close contacts, family members or household members recently returned from interstate or overseas (within the past 14 days)?
- If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions, our Selections Team will reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days’ time.
Hand sanitizer & hygiene:
- To reduce potential exposure or transmission of virus, please apply the hand sanitiser provided at reception before your session.
- While we want to make you feel welcome, due to the government recommendations in relation to social distancing, regrettably we will not be shaking hands.
- If you feel the urge to sneeze or cough, please cover your nose or mouth with a tissue, dispose of it and sanitise your hands.
I am concerned that my finance approvals or ability to draw on funds will be affected by the COVID-19 work restriction – what should I do?
We recommend you maintain regular contact with your lender or broker under normal circumstances, and that advice remains the same now.
Many lenders and brokers are working remotely, but like Rivergum are operating as ‘business as usual’.
If you need additional advice, please contact Truevest Finance, Rivergum’s trusted brokerage who can provide additional advice. Call 1800 316 606.
My home is completed. Will there be any issues with maintenance, repairs and warranties?
No. Currently we are operating normally and this includes our teams in the field. Should this change we will communicate the information and work with you to reschedule at the earliest opportunity.