Following the latest announcements made by the Premier Steven Marshall at 11am on Monday 26th of July, our Display Homes, Head Office, Showroom and constructions sites will reopen on Wednesday the 28th of July.
We are here to support you whether you are in the early stages of looking to build, looking to source finance or a block of land, our dedicated Sales Consultants are here to answer any questions to help making building your dream home as enjoyable and as streamlined as possible for you.
We understand you may not wish to visit us right now, and can continue to find all your new home inspiration from the comfort of your home with Rivergum Live Chat, Video Tours, Video tours and Online appointment scheduler. Our homes consultants will continue to be readily available to meet with you remotely via Facetime, Microsoft Teams or Skype.
The Rivergum Group remains committed to informed you on our efforts during anticipated disruptions, as well as indicating the potential sources of interruptions or delays that may occur across operations across South Australia and Victoria.
We have introduced additional safeguards to reduce the risk of disruption to the services we provide to you in line with all communication provided by the State Government. These include:
- The activation of our Crisis Senior Management Team, who are meeting regularly to adjust and adapt our contingency arrangements as needed
- Readying the broader team to activate work from home arrangements for all office-based staff where practical, including the deployment of additional IT hardware
- Requiring employees who have returned from overseas or interstate with a high rate of human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 to follow the Government’s Health Isolation Protocol, which includes self-isolation at home for 14 days
- Any employees who has been identified in a hot spot location or exposure location provided by the State Government have been requested to be tested and immediately quarantine for 14 days
- Limiting non-essential face-to-face customer meetings through the use of Skype, Facetime and other video conferencing options
- Rolled out a comprehensive sanitisation program and extraordinary appointment protocols to ensure colour selection appointments can continue in the short term while ensuring the health and safety of our staff and customers remains paramount.
What this means for you is that in the event we are required to close our offices for a period of time, we have measures in place that will allow your home to progress through the standard pre-construction processes, performed by staff working remotely.
In addition to the above, many businesses are seeing a global impact to business continuity as a result of COVID-19. In our industry there is a risk of delays relating to regulatory approvals, external consultant deliverables such as engineering or private certifying, construction products and materials having interrupted supply from both international and local suppliers alike, and trades succumbing to the virus to name a few. At this stage we have prepared mitigation strategies for all of these scenarios and more.
The Rivergum Homes team continues to closely monitor the rapidly changing landscape around COVID-19. Further updates will follow should our operations or the delivery of your home or project change. In the meantime, thank you for your support and patience under these challenging circumstances.
Frequently asked questions
What alternatives are there to view homes remotely?
Our new homes consultants are available to meet with you remotely via Facetime, Microsoft Teams or Skype. All of your questions can be answered, and Consultants are happy to provide live walk-through tours as well.
Each of our display homes can be explored using a 3D virtual tour experience which can be found on our website here.
Of course, if you have any questions at all, our sales team will be happy to help – simply phone 1800 675 706
Is Rivergum currently experiencing or expecting any delays to their home builds?
Following the 7 day lockdown in South Australia all construction sites where closed . As of Wednesday 28th of July, all construction sites have recommenced.
We are not currently experiencing any delays, however it is reasonable under the circumstances to expect some interruption to our usual operations, trades base or supply channels.
We will maintain commitment to regular communication during your home building journey, and be available to answer your queries as they arise.
Is the Rivergum Pavilion still open to undertake my colour selections?
All colour selection appointments have been rescheduled following the 7 day lockdown and our Colour Selection team are available for appointments.
Please contact our selections team prior to your appointment if:
- You have had contact with any of your close contacts, family members or household members with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (within the past 14 days)?
- You have had contact with any of your close contacts, family members or household members who are displaying cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever or coughing (within the past 14 days)?
- You have had contact with any of your close contacts, family members or household members recently returned from interstate or overseas (within the past 14 days)?
- If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions, our Selections Team will reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days’ time.
I am concerned that my finance approvals or ability to draw on funds will be affected by the COVID-19 work restriction – what should I do?
We recommend you maintain regular contact with your lender or broker under normal circumstances, and that advice remains the same now.
Many lenders and brokers are working remotely, but like Rivergum are operating as ‘business as usual’.
If you need additional advice, please contact Truevest Finance, Rivergum’s trusted brokerage who can provide additional advice. Call 1800 316 606.