Building your first home is exciting and life-changing. It all starts with saving for the deposit. Saving for anything can be tough, whether you’re living at home, renting, or trying to get the right job to save in building your dream home design in Adelaide.
The world of finance can feel complicated in self, this is why we’ve created step-by-step guide to help you as you embark on the journey.
Finance Options for building a house in Adelaide – Head versus heart
As a home builder in Adelaide, South Australia for over 28 years, we have partnered with leading construction loan specialist, Truevest Finance who solely focus on you and your needs and support you every step of the process so your never left feeling in the dark. As the experts in all things finance, they will ask you all the right questions to understand your current financial situation and give you the advice you need to get the most suitable, affordable loan to building your dream home.
Cost of building a house in Adelaide
To get you started on your home-building journey, Truevest Finance will work with you to understand:
- How much money you can afford to borrow
- Finding a loan that suits you – potentially saving you thousands over the duration of your loan
- Work with you to organise your deposit, and give advice on how family members might be able to help out
- Finalise the paperwork for your chosen lender
- Checking your eligibility to home builder grants in Adelaide and incentives that may be available to you
- Understand the costs involved in house building prices – like stamp duty, legal fees and insurance
- Planning with a weekly or monthly budget, so you can pay off your mortgage faster
Navigating Government Grants
There are a number of grants currently available in South Australia providing a great opportunity to build a new home.
If you are a first home buyer building house in Adelaide, you are entitled to the first home owners grant (FHOG) up to $15,000 – a South Australia state government incentive that makes it easier for Australian’s looking to enter the property market.
Like to learn more about how you could be eligible for the first home owners grant or home builder grant available in Adelaide, you can learn more here:
Feeling inspired to find your dream home? Explore our range of house and land packages across South Australia.